Please enjoy the video that was shown during tonight’s council meeting. It highlights what the first banner series means to the pioneers chosen to be honored and their families.
January 2022: Initiative
One of the most segregated hours in Lexington (and most anywhere in the USA) is the Sunday morning service hour. 2CFAR is interested in exploring this segregation by making an effort to attend, watch and/or participate in a morning worship experience, on each of the 5th Sundays in the calendar year.
The challenge: Get outside of your comfort zone in religion on Sunday morning….actually you can watch a recorded service to meet this challenge.
Pick one. We think we’ll find out we’re not that different and the God is the God for all human beings.
Here’s a list of the churches available online:
- Faith Forward: https://www.facebook.com/SundayWorshipSuber/
- Files Chapel: https://www.facebook.com/FilesCBCLexingtonNC/
- St. Stephens United Methodist Church: https://www.facebook.com/pages/St-Stephens-United-Methodist-Church/111675832203315
- First Baptist Church, Village Drive: https://www.facebook.com/pages/First-Baptist-Church-Village-Dr-Lexington-Nc/560070060768116
- First Reformed Church of Christ: https://www.facebook.com/firstreformeducc Or on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/FirstReformedUCCLexington
- First United Methodist Church: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgfhKi57u5YcBe–s5n2cfg
- First Baptist Church, 3rd Avenue: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrJOV_X4oB50Sr75__qc_mQ
- First Presbyterian Church: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgvNCSX-8L5DELMHX0CWaUQ/live
If you would like for your church to be added, please use the Contact Form!
In memory of Elder Gloria Cross: https://www.davidsonlocal.com/news/2goll1g2kvtsy7s01pk2ei2co5d80y
Community Voices Series. January – May 2021.
Crucial Conversations on Race and Faith.
- January 19th, Freddie Peoples, Rosa Terry
- January 26th, Gloria Cross
- February 2nd, Garrett Holloway
- February 9th, Ken Davis
- February 16th, Rev Arnetta Beverly
- February 23rd. Rev Alan Suber
- March 2, Rev. Eddie Scott
- March 9, Jo Peoples
- March 16, Rosalind Baker
- April 6, Easter break
- April 13, John Burke
- April 20, Elizabeth Horton
- April 27, Tobin Shepherd
- May 4, Anna Hayes
- May 11, Cathy Robertson
- May 18, Gail Rogers
- May 25, Kirk Tutterow